Walker Rhodes is a hot singing sensation who never settles down, spends too much money gambling and gets in trouble on the daily- at least if you believe all the tabloids.Madison Myers is a hard working talent agent assistant thrust into the spotlight one day after Walker pulls her on stage during one of his concerts. She tries to stay away from him, but he keeps chasing her. She is strong in her resolve and he is relentless in his pursuit. The question is... WHY?!?!Tabloid Headline Reads: Walker Rhodes pulls woman on stage during LA concert and serenades her with stars in his eyes and we watched as the sparks flew! But just who is this mystery woman who has stolen Walker's heart? And will she be the one to finally tie down our favorite womanizing gambler?Our readers poll:80% say no way!The other 20% wish they were her!
Madison Myers is no stranger to fame. Growing up in LA and working in the movie industry have made her well aware of the risks of being romantically entangled with an actor, model or worse… a musician.
Walker Rhodes is a tabloid favorite. The reports of his supposed nighttime shenanigans grab as much attention as his soulful music. When Walker spots Madison in the crowd at one of his shows he knows instantly that he can’t lose this woman. Walker will do just about anything to prove he’s more than the “man-whore” reputation, even if that means uncovering a secret from Madison’s past that she hoped to forget.
What I Loved: I found Seeing Stars a refreshing but sweet take on rock star romance. Madison may be young but she is still a smart professional woman. Walker is an incredibly talented artist dealing with the frustration of being mislabeled by the tabloids and having people accept rumor as fact. I loved seeing a strong male lead like Walker walk-the-walk in proving himself to Madison. Another plus is that this is a super quick, super easy read.
What I Didn’t Love: Overall Seeing Stars is a great story. I just wish it had a few more scenes of Madison and Walker as a couple. It would have made the story a little more fulfilling for me.
“If you took one smidgeon of allure, mixed it with two dashed of handsome, tossed in a devilish grin and eyes that could stop world wars, you’d have Walker Rhodes.”
“I need to kiss you. Not want. Need. And I’m going to do it again, right now. So don’t stop me.”
"Only my girl would get pissed when a celebrity asks for her number.”
“Lord, have mercy. I promise to hang on to this boy and never let him go if you let me have him. I don’t even need him wrapped up with a bow. I’ll take him just the way he is. Please.”
Seeing Stars was a fun and enjoyable read. If you like your romance a little on the sweeter side I think you’ll enjoy it too. Seeing Stars is Book One of J. Sterling’s new Celebrity Series. Book Two will feature actress Paige Lockwood, a client of Madison’s slimy boss. I really enjoyed Madison and Walker and will keep my fingers crossed that they pop up in some form. I will definitely be checking it out.